The newly renovated and expanded Linwood YMCA/James B. Nutter Sr. Community Center will open its doors on Monday, February 20. The new center features:
- An indoor pool to provide life-saving swim lessons and recreational opportunities year round.
- An expanded health and wellness center in which people can improve their health with new cardiovascular exercise and strength training equipment.
- A community room for all ages to connect through shared interests at meetings, faith-based group gatherings, celebrations of family and friends, and more.
- A teaching kitchen for healthy eating, nutrition and cooking classes.
- A renovated gym in which the community can gather for special events and healthy living activities such as youth and adult sports.
- Multi-purpose studios for group exercise, dance, music, arts, and other social and educational activities.
- A Kids Zone enrichment center to provide a safe and fun place for kids to learn and play.
Plus, get to know the Linwood community during our Heritage Week events! enjoy workshops, game night, cultural celebrations and much more during the week of February 19-25.
Youth Enrichment Programs
As part of the Y's commitment to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Linwood Y offers the following youth programs free of charge:
Monday-Thursday, 2:30-6: p.m.
Students in 6th-12th grades engage in positve afterschool activities focused on academic support, enrichment and recreational activities.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Middle school students focus on leadership, character development, and nonviolent conflict resolution.
High school seniors and juniors explore holistic wellness, employment skills, leadership development and post-secondary planning.
Youth ages 10-14 use science, technology, engineering and math skills to build new and innovative robots.
New and experienced chess players come together to learn and develop skills.
For more information or to register for any of these programs, call 816.923.5675 or visit the Welcome Center.
Schedules & Events
There's always something to do at the Y.
Connect with Us
Like the Linwood Family YMCA page on Facebook to get the latest news, events, announcements and fun photos from us everywhere you go.