Join Online Now
* This is an exclusive web-only rate and includes a 12-month Well-Being Agreement.This membership type is not available online. The rate above is available in-center with a 12-month Well-Being Agreement. Financial assistance is available. Call or email the Linwood (East KCMO) Welcome Center for more information: 3800 E Linwood Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64128, 816.923.5675
The newly renovated and expanded Linwood YMCA/James B. Nutter Sr. Community Center opened its doors on February 20, 2017. The new center features:
- An indoor pool to provide life-saving swim lessons and recreational opportunities year round.
- An expanded health and wellness center in which people can improve their health with new cardiovascular exercise and strength training equipment.
- A community room for all ages to connect through shared interests at meetings, faith-based group gatherings, celebrations of family and friends, and more.
- A teaching kitchen for healthy eating, nutrition and cooking classes.
- A renovated gym in which the community can gather for special events and healthy living activities such as youth and adult sports.
- Multi-purpose studios for group exercise, dance, music, arts, and other social and educational activities.
- A Kids Zone enrichment center to provide a safe and fun place for kids to learn and play.
Moving Forward - Phase 2 of Construction
The second phase of construction is underway at the Linwood YMCA/James B. Nutter, Sr. Community Center.
A new parking lot is in progress on the east side of the building. We look forward to it opening by the end of the summer. It will be accessible from Mersington and convenient to the entrance near the Welcome Center and pool.
During parking lot construction, we request that Y members and guests do not park on Mersington. Please park on Linwood or in the parking lot located behind our gym.
WiFi will not be available during parking lot construction because the cables must be moved. We are working with vendors to determine how long the WiFi will be down. Please follow us on Facebook and check back here for updates.
Our partner Truman Medical Center will break ground on the University Health Clinic adjoining the Linwood Y at the end of May. All are welcome to celebrate with us to mark the beginning of a new clinic that will offer family medicine with behavioral health.
Youth Enrichment Programs
As part of the Y's commitment to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Linwood Y offers the following youth programs free of charge:
Monday-Thursday, 2:30-6: p.m.
Students in 6th-12th grades engage in positve afterschool activities focused on academic support, enrichment and recreational activities.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Middle school students focus on leadership, character development, and nonviolent conflict resolution.
High school seniors and juniors explore holistic wellness, employment skills, leadership development and post-secondary planning.
Youth ages 10-14 use science, technology, engineering and math skills to build new and innovative robots.
New and experienced chess players come together to learn and develop skills.
For more information or to register for any of these programs, call 816.923.5675 or visit the Welcome Center.
Schedules & Events
There's always something to do at the Y.'
Connect with Us
Like the Linwood Family YMCA page on Facebook to get the latest news, events, announcements and fun photos from us everywhere you go.