Learn. Grow. Thrive.
Early Learning Programs
- Early Learning Centers: A supportive and nurturing environment where children as young as six weeks grow, learn and thrive with a Kindergarten readiness curriculum. There are no eligibility requirements; anyone may apply.
- Full-Day Preschool: Preschool programs offered at select sites in the Shawnee Mission School District.
- Part-Day Pre-K: Part-day care available for students enrolled in part-day Pre-K programs at select sites in the Shawnee Mission School District. Enrollment based on eligibility.
- YMCA Head Start Programs: Quality early education, nutrition and health services for eligible children as young as six weeks. Head Start services are available for families that meet income eligibility guidelines or have a child with a diagnosed disability.
- Head Start Before and After Programs: YMCA before and after care for children enrolled in select Head Start programs in Kansas City, Kansas. These Head Start programs are not operated by the Y.