Make a Lasting Difference
As the leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y is looking for talented associates to help us make our community stronger. Opportunities range from executive to part-time hourly. All employees have the opportunity to learn and grow through training opportunities. To be considered for a Y position, all applicants must submit an online application.Search Job Listings
Now Hiring: Y Club Before and After School
Make a difference in the lives of children in your community by joining our Y Club team. We're hiring full-time and part-time leaders for the 2017-18 school year.
Now Hiring: Lifeguards
We are looking for Lifeguards to work for the YMCA of Greater Kansas City at all locations to oversee the safety of member and program participants of the pool areas. Applicants must be 16 years of age or older and pass a swim test. If not currently certified, must pass a Lifeguard certification course prior to hire. (The YMCA will provide Lifeguard certification training if not currently certified)
Work that Matters
Why Work at the Y?
- Exciting Atmosphere: As a Y associate, you can count on new and exciting challenges every day. With a variety of creative, educational and fun activities, you’ll see individuals grow, become healthier and reach their potential.
- Variety of Opportunities: Y employment opportunities are available in youth development, administration, clerical, aquatics, healthy living and more.
- Flexible Work Schedules: Schedules are flexible and meet the needs of those desiring full-time or part-time work. Our hours include morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts.
- Great Benefits: Y associate benefits include Y membership, program fee discounts, health insurance, 8 percent contributions to retirement based on your salary with no requirement for you to contribute,* professional training and competitive salaries.
- Make a Difference: Help move people forward and build a stronger community through delivering the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek it.
* To be eligible for the retirement fund, associates must complete 1,000 hours of service during each of any two 12-month periods, beginning with your date of hire.