Empower yourself - and your community - with one membership
At the Y, you unlock not only your potential, but the potential you have to give back to your community. Discover programs and activities that let you do what you love, and build up the place that you call home.
Join Online Now
* This is an exclusive web-only rate and includes a 12-month Well-Being Agreement. Financial assistance is available. This membership type is not available online. The rate above is available in-center with a 12-month Well-Being Agreement. Financial assistance is available. Call or email the Welcome Center for more information:
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
When you join the Y, you're committing to more than simply becoming healthier. You are supporting the values and programs that strengthen your community. At the Y, children learn what they can achieve, families spend quality time together, and we all build relationships that deepen our sense of belonging. Members also enjoy:
- Access to all 13 YMCA of Greater Kansas City locations, plus you can visit participating Ys across the country through our nationwide membership program.
- FREE group exercise and water fitness classes to connect with others who share your interests.
- FREE Kids Zone for ages 12 weeks to 8 years with family memberships. Your children are safe and engaged in play while you work out.
- FREE senior programs that encourage friendship and staying active.
- Reduced rates on programs including on swim lessons, bitty sports, youth sports, kids’ programs and specialty classes.
- Guest passes to share the Y with friends and family.
- Earn FREE months of membership when you refer new members.
- 3 FREE fitness coaching sessions through our Coaching Connection program.
MORE FOR YOU
LARGEST SELECTION OF GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
Your Y membership includes a variety of FREE group exercise classes for all fitness levels--including family-friendly options! From Cycle to Zumba, classes offer you great workouts, and opportunities to connect with friends.
SAVE ON PROGRAM FEES
Members receive as much as 50% off fees for programs such as swim lessons, youth sports, Kids Night Out events and more.
IN GREATER KANSAS CITY
- Young Adult: One adult ages 20-29
- Adult: One adult age 30-64
- Couple: Two adults ages 19-64
- Family: Two adults and dependent children up to age 24
- Teen: One teen age 13-19
- Active Older Adult: One adult ages 65 and older
- Active Older Adult Couple: Two adults, at least one 65 and older
- Single Parent With Kids: One adult age 19-64 and dependent children up to age 24
- Family Plus One: Three adults ages 19-64 and dependent children up to age 24
REFER A FRIEND FOR A FREE MONTH
Making time for wellness is easier with a friend by your side. Current Y members can earn a FREE month of membership by referring a friend as a new Y member.
Visit the Welcome Center of your Y for a referral form and more information.
Spouses and families of deployed military personnel who live far from a military installation may receive free Y memberships and the opportunity to improve health and foster connections through classes, fun and shared interests.
Your insurance plan may include access to the Y. Our current partners include the SilverSneakers program, provided by Healthways, and the At Your Best program, provided by Optum Health.
HEALTHY LIVING PARTNERS
If your employer is a YMCA Healthy Living Partner, you may qualify for reduced membership rates and other benefits.
NEW! YMCA App
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City’s new mobile app helps you get the most out of your Y membership by providing great features like mobile phone check-in, access to class schedules, workout tracking, and syncing with popular tracking devices and apps like FitBit and MyFitnessPal.