Mid-America Regional Council to Host Head Start Mass Application Events
The Mid-America Regional Council is hosting Mass Application Events in Clay, Platte and Jackson counties throughout the months of March and April for YMCA Head Start programs.
Created in 1965, Head Start is the most successful, longest-running, national school readiness program in the United States. Eligible children receive education, nutrition and health services from YMCA Head Start programs which are federally funded. YMCA Head Start services are available for families that meet income eligibility guidelines or have a child with a diagnosed disability.
LEARN MORE | YMCA Head Start Programs
YMCA Mass Application Events
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (last application taken at 3:15 p.m.)
Thursday, March 2
North Kansas City YMCA
1999 Iron Street
North Kansas City, MO 64116
Tuesday, March 14
Gladstone Community Center
6901 N Holmes Street
Gladstone, MO 64118
Thursday, March 30
Thomas Roque Head Start
3800 E 51st Street
Kansas City, MO 64130
Thursday, April 6
Green Hills Library
8581 N. Green Hills Road
Kansas City, MO 64154
Wednesday, April 26
Lucile H. Bluford Library
3050 Prospect Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64128
The following documents are required to apply:
- Proof of birth or proof of pregnancy for each child.
- Proof of 12 months of income (e.g. most current tax return, W-2 and/ or paystubs, SSI, SNAP, TANF, 12 months of child support, Pell Grants or scholarships if applicable)
- Proof of residency for Jackson, Clay or Platte counties. Proof of residency can include a utility bill, rental contact or Missouri state property tax receipt with your current address.
Additional items are needed to complete your child’s enrollment. If you have these items, please bring them for your scheduled appointment:
- Insurance or Medicaid card for your child.
- Child’s current shot/vaccination record.
- Physical exam — Within first 90 days of enrollment.
- Dental exam — Within the first 90 days of enrollment.
- Lead and hemoglobin tests.
- Individualized Care Plan for children based on medical needs, e.g. asthma action plan (if applicable).
- IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan) or IEP (Individualized Education Plan), if applicable.
Applications will be completed on a walk in basis. No appointment is necessary.
If you have questions or need to request an interpreter, please call MARC Head Start at 816.841.3382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA Head Start Careers
Join the Y’s Early Education and Head Start team for a rewarding job that aligns with what you personally value and contributes to the good in our community. At the Y, working with children in early education child care means you’ll work with others who view a shared mission of creating a welcoming, safe, family atmosphere for children in our communities. Full-time and part-time positions are available in locations throughout the metro.
For a limited time, we are offering a Sign-On Bonus of $250 for Head Start Teachers and Assistant Teachers.