Sign Up for New Mobile Diabetes Prevention Program
Change your life before diabetes does it for you. According to the CDC, 86 million Americans, or 1 in 3 adults, have prediabetes and are at risk of developing diabetes.
To help those at risk, the Y has new a virtual Diabetes Prevention Program. In partnership with Noom Coach, a leading mobile application, our new virtual program goes wherever you do.
The program is designed to not just change what you eat, but how you think and help you make lasting lifestyle changes. The goals: to help you lose weight, improve your health, and reduce your risk of diabetes for life.
Your program includes:
- Easy-to-read articles and interactive challenges to eat well, move more, sleep better, and stress less
- One-year access to a personal health coach who is committed to helping you reach your goals
- Unlimited access to a virtual group of supportive peers
- An extensive food database to track your calories and improve your food choices
- Personalized feedback on your weight loss and overall progress
You’ll be able to set goals, overcome obstacles, stay motivated and build healthy habits - with the help of resources all at your fingertips.
Registration is now open for the program. To learn more about the program and pricing, contact Domonique Bell at HealthyCommunity@KansasCityYMCA.org or 816.285.8050.
Find out if you’re at risk for diabetes. Take this online diabetes risk assessment now.