For Virtual Learning
Y Learning Academy will provide full-day, in-person support for children ages 5-12 who choose or are required to have virtual learning. Working with school district teaching partners, our Learning Coaches will support each student with virtual learning assignments from their school, and deliver the Y’s holistic youth development curriculum.
For Y Learning Academy
Y Learning Academy supports families with:
- An in-person option when their school is not offering full-time, in-school learning
- Academic support to complete school-assigned online instruction and meet continuous learning requirements from the school, district and state
- Strict health and safety protocol in a smaller learning environment as an alternative to in-person learning at school
- A safe environment and caring staff for kids while parents work
- WiFi-connected environment for students who may lack sufficient internet access at home for virtual learning
- Trained youth development staff to provide more than day care and work as your partners in education
The program is a combination of school-directed virtual learning, YMCA holistic curriculum, and other components based on the needs of families who enroll. We’re coordinating with local school district teaching staff to make sure Y Learning Academy can support district schedules and curriculum.
Learn more about this program from President and CEO John Mikos and our partner Adam Hamilton, Senior Pastor of The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection.
Daily and weekly enrollment can fit a variety of schedules, such as:
- Your school district is offering virtual learning only, and you need support 5 days a week.
- Your school district is offering a “blended” schedule with a combination of in-person learning at school and remote learning, and you need support 1-5 days a week.
- Your family is choosing a full-time virtual option and wants daily guidance and support.
The cost will be approximately $35-$60 per day depending on whether families choose the core academic support program or add on before and after care.
We are working to secure funding to provide scholarships to families in need of support to participate in this program. Complete this form to apply for financial assistance. We'll contact families if funds become available.
Your child’s health and safety remains a priority. We’ll apply our experience in providing child care for essential workers and summer day camp programs to maintain a safe environment at Y Learning Academy. Health and safety protocol include:
- Face masks required for students and staff
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up
- Daily temperature checks for youth and YMCA staff
- Daily wellness questionnaire for youth and YMCA staff
- Frequent cleaning and hygiene breaks
Join our team to help support youth throughout the metro. Full-time and part-time positions are available.
For Email Updates
Sign up to receive email updates about locations, registration and other details as they become available.