Support Essential Y Services
Dear Y Friends,
When the devastating effects of COVID-19 swept across the country and landed on our doorsteps, we quickly mobilized to provide our community with essential services. Thanks to the unwavering support of our members, volunteers and donors, the YMCA of Greater Kansas City has been able to continue offering people a critical lifeline as we work to help our community recover and thrive.
Together, we can provide food for those who are hungry, child care and virtual learning spaces so parents can go to work, and outreach to seniors who are feeling isolated. With your help, we can continue to support those on the frontlines of the COVID-19 fight and work to meet the needs of our most vulnerable neighbors.
Watch my video update to learn more about the critical work your gift will support. The needs are great, and our community is counting on us.
For essential services to continue, we need your support. This year, we’ve provided:
- Virtual learning spaces and child care to 778 students while their parents went to work.
- Essential child care for 204 children whose families worked in health care and other essential jobs.
- 20,657 check-in calls to seniors to prevent social isolation and provide healthy living resources.
- 26,280 meals and snacks to individuals and families not sure where their next meal will come from.
- Safe in-person and virtual exercise programs to help thousands of members of all ages stay active and healthy.
- Opportunities for conversations and educational experiences to engage 254 associates and community leaders to advance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Educational support, food, encouragement and other essential services to hundreds of families with infants and preschoolers in our Head Start programs areas across the metro.
No matter what challenges the future brings, we can overcome them together.
Give to the YMCA of Greater Kansas City and help create a stronger community for all.
Wishing you peace and hope this season.
Stay safe and stay well,
President and CEO
YMCA of Greater Kansas City
The Y. Forever in service. For a better us.