Make a Lasting Difference
As the leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y is looking for talented associates to help us make our community stronger. Opportunities range from executive to part-time hourly. All employees have the opportunity to learn and grow through training opportunities. To be considered for a Y position, an online application is required.
Get Training for a new Career
While working with Y Club
Learn while you earn and prepare to land a career in the growing Tech industry. The YMCA of Greater Kansas City and SnapIT are partnering to offer this unique career-development opportunity, to train for high-demand jobs in IT, while working for Before and After School Y Club programs.
Living Our Cause
Diversity and Inclusion
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City strives to ensure access, inclusion and engagement for all to reach their personal potential in a welcoming and safe environment.
WHY WORK AT THE Y?
- Exciting Atmosphere: As a Y associate, you can count on new and exciting challenges every day. With a variety of creative, educational and fun activities, you’ll see individuals grow, become healthier and reach their potential.
- Variety of Opportunities: Y employment opportunities are available in youth development, administration, clerical, aquatics, healthy living and more.
- Flexible Work Schedules: Schedules are flexible and meet the needs of those desiring full-time or part-time work. Our hours include morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts.
- Great Benefits: Y associate benefits include Y membership, program fee discounts, health insurance, retirement based on your salary with no requirement for you to contribute,* professional training and competitive salaries.
- Make a Difference: Help move people forward and build a stronger community through delivering the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek it.
* To be eligible for the retirement fund, associates must complete 1,000 hours of service during each of any two 12-month periods, beginning with your date of hire.
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City has received the Gold Level Healthy KC Workplace Wellness certification from The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce’s Healthy KC Initiative.
The Certified Healthy KC Workplace designation recognizes our efforts to create a workplace focused on health and wellness, as well as creating a more inclusive and equitable environment to ensure employees’ mental health.
We’re proud to prioritize the safety and health of our team, joining more than 130 certified businesses across Greater Kansas City with this recognition.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran and committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization.