Healthy Kids Day® is the Y’s annual, nationwide initiative designed to inspire all youth, parents, and caregivers—regardless of membership status—to get active and make healthy choices over the summer and beyond.
Find an Event
Join Ys throughout the metro for our annual YMCA Healthy Kids Day®. Ys will offer free community events to motivate and teach families how to develop and maintain healthy routines throughout the summer months.
Activities will include fun active play and educational activities to keep kids moving and learning. Join the fun at a free event at a Y near you. Visit the calendar for each host Y for specific event details.
Healthy Kids Day Events
- Blue Springs Family YMCA: Saturday, April 27 from 9-11 a.m.
- Cleaver Family YMCA: Saturday, April 27 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Linwood YMCA/James B. Nutter, Sr. Community Center: Saturday, April 27 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- North Kansas City YMCA: Saturday, April 27 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Paul Henson Family YMCA: Saturday, April 27 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Platte County Community Center North: Friday, April 26 from 6-8 p.m.
- Platte County Community Center South: Saturday, April 27 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Check back for additional details and events.
About Healthy Kids Day
Healthy Kids Day, celebrated at over 1,500 Ys across the country by over one million participants, works to get more kids moving and learning, creating habits that they continue all summer long. When kids are out of school, they can face hurdles that prevent them from reaching their full potential. Research shows that without access to out-of-school learning activities, kids fall behind academically. Kids also gain weight twice as fast during summer than the school year. As spring turns to summer, Healthy Kids Day is a powerful reminder not to let children idle away their summer days. Instead, the Y wants families to focus on helping children imagine what they can accomplish over the summer.
For over 25 years, YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day has celebrated kids’ health and continues to teach healthy habits for kids and families, encourage active play and inspire a lifetime love of physical activity.