For those irregular days when school isn't in session, such as seasonal breaks, conference days and in-service days, the Y offers No School Days at locations throughout the area.
FEES: $30 per child per day*
Important information regarding No School Days:
- If a child is not registered for Y Club for the school year, a $75 one-time registration fee must be paid by calling 816.360.3390.*
- You must bring a copy of your child’s Emergency Information Packet to the No School Day location.
- You must bring a sack lunch. A morning and afternoon snack will be served. Read more about what to expect at a No School Day.
- Tuition for No School Days is non-refundable and non-transferable.*
- No School Days have limited space availability.
- Register early. All registrations will close one week prior to the scheduled No School Day.
- Programs are subject to cancellation when low enrollment occurs. Decisions will be made one week before the scheduled program
*No School Days registration and tuition are free for Red Bridge Elementary students.
Center - Red Bridge Elementary
10781 Oak St, Kansas City, MO 64114
Red Bridge - No School Days - 10.29.2021
- 06:30 AM - 6:00 PM, Friday
- Oct 29 - Oct 29
Red Bridge - No School Days - 11.01.2021
- 06:30 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday
- Nov 1 - Nov 1
Red Bridge - No School Days - 11.02.2021
- 06:30 AM - 6:00 PM, Tuesday
- Nov 2 - Nov 2
Shawnee Mission - Santa Fe Trail Elementary
Paper Registration Forms
While online registration is recommended, you can also download and complete a paper registration form to enroll. Visit our FAQ and Forms page to get started.
WHAT TO EXPECT
AT A NO SCHOOL DAY
What to Bring:
- A copy of your Emergency Information Packet (see below)
- Medications and medication authorization form
- Sack lunch
- No toys or electronics from home. Books and notebooks are acceptable.
Operation Hours - 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- 7-9 a.m. - Drop off; Activity Centers; Morning Snack
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. - split into age groups; activities focused on STEM, art, physical fitness
- 4-6 p.m. - Pick Up; activity centers; Afternoon Snack
*The schedule may differ from site to site but this provides a good picture of the day your child will have. Special events, guest speakers and field trips will be scheduled.
Our No School Day staff are Youth Development Assistants, Youth Development Leaders, Assistant Site Supervisors, and Site Supervisors from surrounding Y Club locations. We maintain a 15:1 ratio on site; 10:1 ratio for off-site field trips. There will be 1-2 lead directors for the NSD location. They will contact you regarding schedule, special events and other items.
The expectations of children participants are that they are: actively living our four core values (caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility); listening and following instructions from the staff and being safe while at the program. If your child is unable to follow these guidelines, they may not be able to attend our programs.