Good times, Great Cause
Challenge Your Fashion is an incredible annual tradition featuring current and former players from your favorite local teams walking the runway with YMCA Challenger athletes and buddies.
11th Annual Challenge Your Fashion
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 11th Annual Challenge Your Fashion event on Saturday, January 27, 2018, at the Kansas City Muehlebach Downtown. Your support helps to give more children with special needs the opportunity to play sports, learn new skills, build confidence and make new friends.
- Cocktails and silent auction
- Fashion show with emcees Steven St. John and Belinda Post
- Runway models include local professional athletes and YMCA Challenger athletes, including Chiefs Cheerleaders, Ignacio Flores from the Kansas City Comets, Bubba Starling, Jason Hammel and Whit Merrifield from the Royals and more.
- Live auction by the Nigro Brothers
- Live music from the band Dolewite
We're already looking forward to next year! Check back for information for the 12th Annual Challenge Your Fashion event.
2018 Event Co-Chairs: Rex and Jennifer Hudler
Rex and Jennifer Hudler are Co-Chairs of this year's event. The Challenger program holds a special place in their hearts. Their son, Cade, has participated in Challenger activities for the past five years.
Proceeds from Challenge Your Fashion this year will help build two additional baseball fields with synthetic turf that can also be used for other sports at the all-accessible Fred and Shirley Pryor YMCA Challenger Sports Complex.
The expansion will allow us to host regional Challenger activities and, most importantly, fulfill the dreams of even more children with special needs.