The Y is Working to Feed Hungry Kids This Summer
Did you know 1 in 6 children don’t know where their next meal is coming from? The Y is working to fill this gap with our year-round food programs.
For some kids, school is the only place they are sure to get a meal. The Y is working to change that with meals and snack programs when school is out in the summer, after school throughout the year, and even on weekends.
The Y has several meal and snack opportunities this summer, available to all youth 19 and younger.
- Cleaver Family YMCA - June 30 through August 10, each Tuesday and Thursday from 5-6 pm and Saturday from 11 am-Noon. Support provided by Harvesters.
- Linwood YMCA/James B. Nutter Community Center - June 10 through August 2, weekdays from 2-3 pm. Support provided by Total Man.
- North Kansas City Family YMCA - June 10 through August 2, weekdays from 8:30-9:30 am, Noon-1:30 pm,and Saturdays from 9-10 am. Support provided by Total Man.
- Providence YMCA/Ball Family Center - June 1 through August 10, each Monday and Wednesday from 5-6 pm, and Saturday from 9-10:30 am. Support provided by Harvesters and Treat America.
- YMCA Summer Day Camp – from June 3 through July 26, weekly snacks provided for those enrolled in day camp at the Comanche Elementary and Crestview Elementary schools. Support provided by the Shawnee Mission School District.
You can help us feed hungry kids in Kansas City
Spread the word to kids and families you know that may benefit from meals this summer. You can also support hunger relief through the Y by volunteering. More than 2,600 volunteers perform countless duties across our organization, ensuring that men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life have the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Support is also welcomed through donations. You can select the Y center or program nearest you to direct your support.