Select YMCAs Begin to Reopen Soon
Dear Y Family,
We are thrilled to begin reopening our facilities, welcoming back our members and the community, and getting back to what we do best – helping everyone reach their full potential.
Because we operate in multiple states, counties and cities, we plan to reopen facilities in phases. Please review important information below about reopening plans and what to expect when you return to the Y.
Centers Opening May 18
The following centers are scheduled to open Monday, May 18.
Atchison Family YMCA/Cray Community Center
Cleaver Family YMCA
North Kansas City
Platte County Community Center South - Parkville
Platte County Community Center North - Platte City
Other YMCA of Greater Kansas City locations may open as soon as Monday, June 1.
To help provide a safe environment as we reopen, hours will be limited. Please limit your visit to 60 minutes or less.
Facilities will be open to ages 16 and older. As we focus on serving our members who are ready to return, guests will not be permitted, and day passes will not be available.
Monday – Friday
8:30 - 10:30 a.m. - Open to Active Older Adults (Ages 60+)
11 a.m. - 7 p.m. - Open to Ages 16+
8 a.m. – 4 p.m. - Open to Ages 16+
Noon – 4 pm - Open to Ages 16+
During the first phase of opening, access will be limited to the following areas and programs:
- Fitness center - cardiovascular and strength training equipment available with adjusted spacing to allow physical and social distance
- Group exercise - limited adult and Active Older Adult classes will be in the gymnasium for maximum distancing
- Personal training/KU Brain Health studies - new procedures optimize physical distance
- Gymnasium - available for personal workout space (no organized sports, such as pickleball or basketball)
- Restrooms - no showers or lockers
Additional amenities and programs will be added in phases over the coming weeks.
For those who prefer to continue healthy living activities at home during this time, free virtual programs will remain available at KansasCityYMCA.org/OnlineWellness.
New Health and Safety Procedures
To maintain a safe environment, these new health and safety procedures will be in place:
- Temperature Checks - Visit our Health Station to have your temperature taken prior to checking in. Associates also will receive daily temperature checks.
- Wipe Down Equipment - Use the cleaning materials provided. Wipe down all equipment before and after your workout. Y staff also will disinfect equipment and activity areas regularly.
- Wear a Mask - Protect yourself and others by wearing a facemask. Masks are required in common areas but not while exercising.
- Keep Your Distance - Stay at least six feet away from others whenever possible. Look for signage to help.
- Stay Home if Sick -Keep our community safe. Stay home if you are feeling sick or are vulnerable to illness.
If you have put your membership on hold or converted your fees to a donation during the Stay at Home order, your hold or donation will end and your monthly membership fee draft will resume in June, at your previously scheduled draft date.
For additional questions about your account, contact our membership support team at 816.360.3311 or Feedback@KansasCityYMCA.org.
Thanks For Staying With Us
We are so incredibly grateful to the people who have stood by us throughout these challenging times. Thank you for staying with us as we transitioned our resources to meet critical needs in our community by providing child care for essential workers, reaching out to seniors to help prevent social isolation and providing virtual tools to keep you healthy at home.
This is an example of our community at its best and a great display of how the YMCA is more than just a gym…we are a community.
Please visit KansasCityYMCA.org/YResponse for the latest updates as we continue to open our Ys in phases.
President and CEO
YMCA of Greater Kansas City