New In-Person Program to Support Virtual Learning
As schools across the metro are offering virtual and remote learning options for the start of the school year, the Y is working with local districts to support you and your family.
Introducing Y Learning Academy
Y Learning Academy will provide full-day, in-person support for children ages 5-12. Working with school district teaching partners, our Learning Coaches will support each student with virtual learning assignments from their school, and deliver the Y’s holistic youth development curriculum.
Academic support will be from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with the option to add care from 7-8:30 a.m. and 3:30-6 p.m. to accommodate families' work schedules.
Solutions for Families
During these challenging times, Y Learning Academy supports families who:
- Are enrolled for in-person learning at their school but need a temporary solution because their school currently is not offering full-time, in-person learning.
- Want an alternative to home virtual learning or in-person learning at school with a smaller learning environment, academic support, and strict health and safety protocol.
- Work at home or outside of the home and need support to meet continuous learning requirements from the school, district and state.
- Don't have sufficient internet access for successful virtual learning at home.
Depending on your circumstance, Y Academy enrollment can be daily or weekly. Y Learning Academy can fit a variety of schedules, such as:
- Your school district is offering virtual learning only, and you need support 5 days a week.
- Your school district is offering a “blended” schedule with a combination of in-person learning at school and remote learning, and you need support 1-5 days a week.
- Your family is choosing a full-time virtual option and wants daily guidance and support.
The cost will be approximately $40-$60 per day.
Your Partners in Education
We’re coordinating with local school districts to make sure Y Learning Academy can support district schedules and curriculum. Staffed by trained YMCA Youth Development associates, the program would be a combination of school-directed virtual learning, YMCA holistic curriculum, and other components based on the needs of families who enroll.
More than traditional camp counselors or daycare workers, our Learning Coaches are trained to provide academic support and will partner directly with school district teaching staff to ensure compliance, cooperation and success.
Health and Safety
Your child’s health and safety remains a priority. We’ll apply our experience in providing child care for essential workers and summer day camp programs to maintain a safe environment at Y Learning Academy. Learn more about our health and safety protocol.
We Want to Hear From You
Please complete this short survey about your needs as school resumes. Your feedback will help us develop the Y Learning Academy program and additional school support options.