Make a Difference. Be a Mentor.
Adult Achievers inspire, guide and lead our Young Achievers by volunteering to be mentors and role models.
Adult Achievers Overview
Who Are Adult Achievers?
Adult Achievers are minority professionals in the Kansas City area with a heart for mentoring and giving back to teenagers.
What Does An Adult Achiever Do?
The Adult Achievers are expected to be consistent and positive role models for the students.
- Leading Saturday Career Clusters & Enhancement meetings
- Serving on committees
- Sharing their knowledge & experience of the professional world
- Assist in planning the annual banquet and college tour
- Chaperoning leadership trips
- Mentoring “College Achievers” (Alumni of the Young Achievers Program)
Adult Achievers should be good at:
- Encouraging higher education
- Providing solid career advice
- Giving tips about “real world” situations
- Mentoring teens as they share their goals and dreams
Adult Achievers are encouraged to volunteer 20 - 40 hours per year.
Become an Adult Achiever
Apply now to become an Adult Achiever. Like all YMCA volunteers, Adult Achievers must submit an application and complete a background check.