Support on the road to wellness
Get support making lifestyle changes to lose weight and improve your overall health with our new 12-week, small-group structured Y Weight Loss program.
The Y Weight Loss Program
"I can’t express enough how much the class has contributed to my self-worth. The instructor and the fellow students created a non-threatening space to think about and work the various weight loss strategies. I highly recommend this to anyone who’s willing to put in the work. Well worth my time."
Proven Methods to
Achieve Your Goals
This 12-week, small-group program led by a trained Y facilitator uses proven methods based on research to help you get moving and eating healthy. We’ll work together to help you achieve your health goals.
Support for your Success
- Personalized goal-setting to develop a unique plan that works for you
- Weekly weight monitoring
- Weekly motivational group sessions
- Social support from your group members also working to make changes
Is Y Weight Loss right for me?
Y Weight Loss is open to anyone who is 18 and older and ready to make small lifestyle changes. It's an ideal program if:
- You have tried to lose weight in the past will little or temporary success.
- It's confusing or frustrating to learn and follow the food and activity "rules."
- You are interested in learning alongside and supporting others with similar lifestyle-change goals.
- You are ready to take control of your own health.
Register Now: Y Weight Loss for Y Members
- New virtual classes are available - register for any regardless of what Y you attend.
- Discounts for Active Older Adults and financial assistance may be available.
- Register online or visit your local Y for more information.
Become a Member and Save
The Y Weight Loss program is available for all, and members receive a discount. Interested in joining the Y to receive member rates, plus take advantage of all the other benefits of membership? Click to view our special membership offers.
What Participants are Saying
The thing I learned most about myself was that getting healthy is much more important than a number on a scale.That is only one part of the whole weight loss journey.
Not only did I learn so much from the program, but even more so I learned much about myself... At 78 years of age, I am proud to say that it is never too late to start a new life, and I thank the YMCA for giving me the tools to enjoy the results of my new lifestyle journey
What attracted and motivated me was that no one was telling me the do's and don'ts of successful weight loss but rather that these are the tools that can help you... The sessions were most informative, reinforced by an excellent workbook and suggested weekly assignments.
The [YMCA's Weight Loss Program's] approach gave me the structure and motivation to finally start my weight loss journey. I still have a ways to go, but now I have the tools and confidence to reach my final goal on my own.
Participating in the group meetings was a plus. I got to spend time with people that I did not know but shared similar goals and needs. We were able to share with one another to gain strength and support. The camaraderie was phenomenal. The instructor served as the facilitator, but the group discussions were participant-led.
Ready to learn more? Submit a webform and a member of our Healthy Living team will follow up with you soon.
*Limited-time offer valid for 3-month personal training packages purchased now through February 28, 2023. Offer not redeemable for cash.