Welcome to the Blue Springs Family YMCA, where people of all ages have the opportunity to connect with others, learn new skills and achieve greater well-being.
An Important Update
Thank you for being part of our Y family and supporting our commitment to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Based on the changing community and as part of a larger strategic plan to align programs and services with community needs, the YMCA of Greater Kansas City has been evaluating the best way to serve eastern Jackson County.
As a result, the Y determined that a new location in eastern Jackson County is needed to support its vision and deliver new services and collaborations.
While the Y identifies opportunities for a new presence in eastern Jackson County, the Blue Springs Family YMCA building will be acquired by the Blue Springs R-IV School district. The YMCA will close the Blue Springs facility on October 30, 2019.
The Blue Springs Y will continue to operate through October 30 as staffing allows. Below is additional information about this transition.
Y Membership and Program Transition
- Y membership will be prorated for the month of October based on your scheduled monthly payment date.
- Members will receive a letter in the mail regarding next steps for membership. Unless you hear otherwise from the Y, your membership account will be cancelled as of October 30, 2019.
- If you have access to the Y through a third-party insurance benefit, such as SilverSneakers®, Active and Fit, Renew Active or AARP Medicare Supplement, you do not need to contact the Y. Although the Blue Springs location will no longer be available, you may use your benefit to access other programs for active older adults in the community.
- Fall and winter youth sports programs will continue as planned.
- Other paid programs scheduled to take place in-center, such as swim lessons, will continue through October 30 unless you hear otherwise from the Y. The Y will provide a partial refund for any program sessions that will not be completed by October 30. The Y will contact any program registrants regarding refunds and schedule changes.
- For more information or if you would like to continue your membership at another area location, contact Membership Support at 816.360.3311 or MemberSupport@KansasCityYMCA.org from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Y is much more than a building. It’s a community of supporters, volunteers and associates, which allows us to continue to impact our community while we explore the best way to serve eastern Jackson County into the future. We look forward to keeping you updated on our progress.
Schedules & Events
There's always something to do at the Y.'
Connect with us
Like us on Facebook to get the latest news, events, announcements and fun photos from the Blue Springs Family YMCA.