Healthy Kids Day 2021: The Recipe for a Healthy Kid
Do you have the ingredients for a healthy kid? The Y's annual #HealthyKidsDay on April 24—a day to celebrate what makes a healthy kid—is going virtual this year. These fun family resources help build the recipe!
1. Encourage healthy eating habits by involving kids in the kitchen. Try our favorite kid-tested recipes.
2. Set aside at least 60 minutes for physical activity every day. Get started with this YMCA Challenger football clinic led by former Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Shawn Barber.
3. A good laugh can lift your spirits all day. Y Summer Day Camps are a great way to keep kids laughing, learning and growing all summer.
4. Check out these fun experiments for kids of all ages. Together we can inspire the next generation to love STEM!
5. Spend family time together by taking a walk. Add to the fun with these neighborhood adventure bingo cards from National Geographic Kids!