Give Now to Keep Essential Services Going in Our Community
Dear Y Family,
For many in our community, there were times this year that it felt like there was no relief in sight – and that feeling continues as we approach year end.
As the leading nonprofit dedicated to strengthening community, the YMCA of Greater Kansas City has been working harder than ever before to make sure everyone in our community feels safe and cared for during these challenging times. Now, your help is essential to continue this important work and provide hope to the weary.
This year, we’ve launched services to support those on the frontlines of the COVID-19 fight, and we’ve focused on meeting the needs of our most vulnerable neighbors. Throughout the metro, we’ve provided:
- Virtual learning spaces and child care to 778 students while their parents went to work. Watch this video to learn more.
- Essential child care for 204 children whose families worked in health care and other essential jobs.
- 20,657 check-in calls to seniors to prevent social isolation and provide healthy living resources
- 26,280 meals and snacks to individuals and families not sure where their next meal will come from
- Safe in-person and virtual exercise programs to help thousands of members of all ages stay active and healthy
- Safe spaces for conversations and educational experiences that engaged 254 associates and community leaders to advance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Educational support, food, encouragement and other essential services to hundreds of families with infants and preschoolers in our Head Start programs areas across the metro.
But these services have come at a cost that we can’t continue to meet without additional help. Our community needs have been great, and we need your help to continue this critical work.
Every dollar donated stays local and will help us continue to create a stronger community for all.
The Y. Forever in service. For a better us.
President and CEO
YMCA of Greater Kansas City