North Kansas City YMCA
Best Buy Teen Tech Center
The Best Buy Teen Tech Center provides a fun, interactive learning space where teens can develop critical skills through hands-on activities that explore their interests in programming, film-making, music production and design. We work to bridge the digital divide by giving youth access to tech education opportunities, relationships that help to build confidence, and a foundation for school and career success.
The Teen Tech Center is a drop-in, technology-driven, interactive space for teens ages 12-20 to be creative and develop new skills. It’s free for young people to use the equipment and materials in the Teen Tech Center, and a YMCA membership is not required.
In the Tech Center, teens can:
- Create and edit videos
- Record music
- Create 3D designs and print them using a 3D printer
- Create online experiences with coding and computer programming
- Explore passions like photography and graphic design
- Develop projects using circuitry and robotics
It’s a self-directed learning environment where young people, their peers and adult mentors collaborate and learn from one another along the way. No previous experience is needed to come and enjoy the Teen Tech Center.
BEST BUY TEEN TECH CENTER HOURS:
Monday - Thursday: 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m to 6 p.m.
Saturday - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Our location is the North Kansas City YMCA:
1999 Iron Street
North Kansas City, MO 64116
Thank you to our partners
- T-Mobile Foundation
- Eva Longoria Foundation
- Regency Technologies
- Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation
- Koch Companies
- GE Appliances
- See it First
- McDonald Association Collective Collaboration-Light Into Darkness
- Just Wireless
- LG Electronics
- The Lenzmeier Family Foundation
- Western Digital
- Women's Foundation of Minnesota
- City of North Kansas City
- Harrahs Kansas City
- Helzberg Diamonds
- Julie Sola Family
- Plautz-Weaver Family
- Arkema Inc.